Odacon® is best described as a highly efficient deodoriser for incontinence and human excrement. It is designed for safe use in circumstances where regular contact with normal skin may become part of the management of incontinent patients. The product has been in regular use in normal medical, geriatric and psychiatric institutions in the U.S.A. for many years where its’ unique properties have proved invaluable in improving environmental conditions by greatly reducing offensive odours associated with specific patient groups.
Odacon® is non-flammable, water-based and non-irritant to the eyes and skin. It eliminates a common cause of urine smell by neutralising urine and faecal odours at the source. The ammonia producing mechanism in fresh urine is inhibited by the product, which has a bacteriostatic action in addition to its ability to destroy urine and faecal odours. Odacon® is specifically designed for use in Aged Care and Hospital Environments.
Odacon® is an aqueous hypertonic solution with the power to exercise simultaneously and synergistically the following important and beneficial properties:
- Eliminate by direct reaction and other chemical mechanisms the offensive odoriferous components of human excrement.
- Prevent the action of the enzyme urease which is responsible for the chemical splitting of urea and related excremental components which give rise to alkali (ammonia) promoted dermatitis.
- Provide for quick penetration of active constituents into solid excrement promoting rapid odour control action.
- Reduce the potentially untoward effect of human excrement on normal skin on prolonged, regular contact.
- Reduce the tendency of human excrement to stain fabrics and thus facilitate laundering and extend useful fabric life.
- By interference with metabolism, to rapidly inhibit microbiological as well as enzymatic processes normally present in excreta and urine, which contribute to offensive odour development and potential cross-infection.
- Odacon® is free of solvents.
|Unit Of Measure||ea|
We Also Recommend
More From This Category